INERA, the Institut de l’Environnement et de Recherches Agricoles is the doming institute for the agricultural and environmental research in Burkina Faso. The institute's principal goals are:
• the deliverance of a lasting contribution to the agricultural and environmental research in Burkina Faso;
• the organization, management and coordination of research programs;
• the valorisation of the acquired scientific and economic results of investigative programs;
• the scientific and technical education of researchers;
• the promotion and development of optimal regional agricultural and environmental practice;
• the decentralization of research to achieve direct connections between research and end-users and to insure the transfer of knowledge and technology to farmers.
The agricultural and environmental research programs are focussed on traditional cereals (Programme Céréales Traditionnelles), leguminosa, horticultural crops, rice and cotton, cattle, pigs en poultry, the improvement and valorisation of forestry production as well as the protection of natural forestry resources.
INERA | Institut de l’Environnement et de Recherches Agricoles
04 BP 7192 Ouagadougou 04
Tel (226) 340270 / 347112 | Fax (226) 340271
CRREA | Centre Regional de Recherches Environnementales et Agricoles
Station de Farako-Bâ (Bobo-Dioulasso)
01 BP 910 Bobo-Dioulasso 01
Tel (226) 982329 | Fax (226) 970960